Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Winter Feet--when was the last time you did something for the first time?

When was the last time you've done something for the first time?

Your eyes are not playing tricks on you----

my bare feet in the snow {plain as they are}.

When we think of bare feet outside we usually assume the temperature must be warm enough. Well today I did something for the first time. I walked outside in my bare feet in the snow. After my morning jog/walk I was really warm and wanted to cool off....fast! I walked around in my house and with the heater running, I just wasn't getting cooled off, in fact it felt a bit too warm. So then I opened the door to the outside and it felt so refreshing. Quickly the thought came to me, "I wonder what it feels like walking in the snow, bare-footed?" Thinking it was something I never tried before, I gave it a try. I knew I wouldn't be out there long. It was something fun and "out of the ordinary". It was interesting to hear and feel the snow crunch beneath my feet. We usually go about our daily routines doing the same things over and over, but when do we do something out of the ordinary? Perhaps something for the first time?

3 comments :

  1. Nice post, Amy. I couldn't bear the thought of being barefooted in the snow... it takes these diabetic toes too long to get warm! But my kids always amaze me by running out in the snow barefoot. My folks and in laws would have a fit but I figure when they get cold enough they will put shoes on, right?

    I love the idea of going out of our way to find something we've not done before. Need to work on this. I am too much a creature of habit for my own good. Our Pastor is always telling us to get out of our comfort zone. I will do it when asked but don't usually go out of my way to find it.

    Glad to see you in blog world.

    Hugs,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea!!! LOL
    Blessings my friends.
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought?... "you silly, silly girl" my second thought?... " good for you for trying something new and I hope you put some socks on after that!!

    ReplyDelete