Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mom is missing challenge


I have accepted Kathleen's personal 52 week challenge to get Mom back into the picture. The idea is that once a week you take a picture of yourself. Give the camera to your husband, your kids, the librarian, the ticket taker. Who cares? Just pass the camera off and say, "Cheese!" It's that simple. I shall post my picture(s) for the challenge on my blog once a week typically on Thursdays. I too personally invite you to take the challenge of getting Mom back into the picture.
Week 21 of 52
Over the Labor Day weekend, our family took our last vacation of the summer. We traveled up to and through the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Here we are on the northern part of Lake Michigan, (south-east part of the upper peninsula) over-looking the Mackinaw Bridge.
We camped in a tent in the Upper Peninsula. It was a weekend of rain, cold, wind and a little sunshine but full of fun memories. Needless to say it wasn't a time for this Mom to look beautiful. As I told my husband on the way home from our vacation, I'm not a pretty camper, but his reply was "You are a cute camper."
Here I am cooking supper our first night.
Here we are at Whitefish Point overlooking Lake Superior.
At the Shipwreck Museum at Lake Superior.
Overlooking a windy, cold and rainy Lake Superior.
We made our way further north through the Upper Peninsula to the Tahquamenon Falls. Another wet and windy adventure.
This was a highlight for me on our vacation. Warm coffee!! We had a McDonald's nearby where we camped and it was a frequent coffee stop for my husband and I!!
Here we are at the Soo Locks in Sault Ste. Marie Michigan between Michigan and Canada.
Amongst our travels, I thought this would be an interesting picture through the side-view mirror in our van.
This picture sums up how the last day of camping was. We packed up in the wind and rain not having a shower and feeling {and obviously looking} a tad bit gross. My bangs stayed this way without any spray or gel! All the joys of camping! Like I've said, I'm not a pretty camper but to my husband....I'm a cute camper! : ) As you can see there were plenty of opportunities for this Mom to be "in the picture" this week. I hope you have enjoyed them as well as others I have posted in the past. It's great being part of such a fun and memorable challenge!

3 comments :

  1. We camped over Labor Day weekend too, in Cadillac. I thought we were cold and wet but we were in a trailer, not a tent. You were brave! But still, camping is fun, despite the weather.
    And to answer your question, I do not have a neighbor named Lynn. Must be someone else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sooo funny! I'm not a pretty camper either, or a pretty swimmer, but I have fun! I'm glad you guys did too. Too bad you couldn't of enjoyed warmer weather, but like you said, the memories will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE had soooo much fun and I'm glad that you've put some of these pics up for friends to see!

    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete