Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Given the Girl Talk ~ book

My Hubby brings me home this book. The one above. "Girl Talk" Hmmm, interesting. Catchy title. It was a surprise, but a very welcomed one. We have a seven yr. old daughter {our oldest daughter} and it seems as though she's growing up way too fast. Before we know it, she'll be....well, ok never mind, you get the picture. I've been talking a bit with my Husband about going through books with our daughter about what the Bible has to say surrounding beauty, modesty and simply raising godly daughters in a world gone "opposite". I haven't read much into it thus far, but I'm intrigued as what it has to say which can be carried out in raising our daughter. If it can allow me insights as to whats to come or what to expect in raising our daughters, then I'm all for it. Hopefully I'll be back soon and will be able to share what I've read. What books have aided you in raising your daughter?

1 comment :

  1. I just got that book for me and Hannah when were home on furlough. I skimmed through it a little and it looks great. My mom got her the Princess and the Kiss book which is geared for the 7-11 year old and I got the teaching book that goes with it. I am looking forward to going through that one with her when we get a little more settled. Hope you are doing well. - Christen

    ReplyDelete