Monday, March 15, 2010

Good Day

I just turned the coffee pot on and I'm greatly anticipating my first cup.
The kids are still in bed. I'm letting them sleep in due to the time change and because they had such an exciting weekend at a hotel in the pool. I'm tired and I can sense that they are too. This whole spring forward tends to throw us off especially those of us who love our sleep.
I'm not sure what the day will have in store for us completely, but I look forward to being with my kids again without the interruption of the outside world. Weekends can tend to be slightly crazy. I look forward to being able to mold and shape them for the future. I look forward to learning with them and learning about them. They change all the time and I'm glad I have the cherished privilege to be a part of that.
Mothers do have the best job, a rewarding job at that.

4 comments :

  1. Beautiful glimpse into your heart, Amy. :) Have a great day with those precious kiddos. Hope you're getting the sunshine and warmth we're getting today. Looking forward to playing outside with my little guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, Monday's have always been my favorite days. It doesn't mean I don't look forward to the weekend when hubby's off work, but I love Mondays. I get back to a routine that I'm familiar with, I have time to get the house clean once again, and I have next to no outside distractions on Mondays...just me, my house, and my children. What more could on ask for?!

    Enjoy your day...I hope it's a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a lovely, peaceful post. I can tell from this you love being a mother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the kids had a pool weekend again, nice way to break up the seasons and get ready for
    Spring. Hope you recover from the time change, I think when your older ( over 50)it doesn't bother you much because your use to less sleep anyway.
    MMM... those strawberries look good..

    ReplyDelete